God has faithfully given me revelations to set me free from the limiting, crippling results of fear. Layer by layer, Truth by Truth – I am walking in a freedom that I had not imagined possible.
It was 2003 that God gave me the 7 Faces of Fear that were keeping me from fully trusting and believing Him and therefore living the abundant life He had prepared for me (see John 10:10, Ephesians 2:10)
If you recognize any of these behaviors in your life, I encourage you to begin studying on God’s love; “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out all fear: for fear has torment…” (1 John 4:18) and seek Him for deliverance. “I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.” (Psalm 34:4)
I pray you receive revelation from God regarding fear.
7 Faces of Fear
- Reservations: having reservations (doubts, misgivings) about doing the will of God, or operating in and receiving what God has promised.
- Dread: desiring not do something. Usually accompanied with fear of how others will respond
- People bondage: Fear of another’s response. Care taken over how someone else views you as opposed to how God views you.
- Procrastination: failure to act in a timely fashion, not seizing the moment because you think you are inadequately equipped to complete the task, think that you may fail, or you are regarding someone’s response to your actions.
- Doubt: wondering about the truth of God’s Word.
- Anger: not feeling confident in oneself or in God, leading you to respond to situations with anger rather than joy. (The joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10)
- Compromise: changing your values to line up with the world’s values to achieve what God has promised.