What is salvation?
- Salvation is the first step into the Christian life
- It begins the process of transformation
- Does not mean you are perfect, but forgiven
- Romans 3:23-26
Why is salvation important?
- Life in Christ Jesus sets you free from the law of sin and death
- Romans 8:2
- The wages of sin are death.
- Romans 6:23
5 Understandings of Salvation
- Recognize and admit that you are a sinner
It's not so much what you've done, but the position we were all born in.
- Repentance - a change of heart, a change of mind, a change of life, 180 degrees turn from sin and towards God
Repentance doesn't mean that I am sorry, it means that I CHANGE
- Confess Romans 10:9-10 - "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
- Baptism in water and in the Holy Spirit
Baptism in water is symbolic of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is an outward sign of an inward change.
The Holy Spirit was given on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:32-33) and once you pray the prayer of Salvation, the Holy Spirit dwells within you. Speaking in tongues is received in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
- Live a life of obedience. Live for God. The only way to stay in constant fellowship with the Father and live life successfully.
a. Word. Read your Bible daily. John 8:31-32
b. Prayer. Develop a personal, intimate relationship with God through prayer.
Luke 18:1, 1 Thessalonians 5:17
c. Church. Plug into a Bible teaching church. Jeremiah 3:15, 1 Corinthians 12:18
d. Fellowship. Fellowship with other believers. Hebrews 10:25, 1Corinthians 15:33
e. Ministry. Minister means to serve, serve others. Mark 16:15-17, Hebrews 6:10
God, I recognize that I need salvation. I repent of my sins and ask for Your forgiveness. I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that Jesus died for my sins, and You raised Him from the dead. Jesus come into my life and be my Lord and Savior. Thank you for saving me. In Jesus' Name, AMEN.